Mexico & Cross-Border News Archive
- First Mexican hotel-focused REIT emerges
- After nearly 200 years, Mexico may make the name official
- How will PRI’s win change the U.S.-Mexico relationship?
- Señores, start your engines Cheaper than China and with credit and oil about to start flowing, Mexico is becoming a Brazil-beater
- From darkness, dawn After years of underachievement and rising violence, Mexico is at last beginning to realise its potential, says Tom Wainwright
- Reform in Mexico, Labour pains
- Mexico Among the World’s Top 50 Destinations for “Doing Business” According to The World Bank
- Mexico’s Incoming Leader Seeks to Boost Energy Sector
- Can Mexico Become the “New China”? – Real Time Insight
- Mexico City is the safest city in Mexico, tourism minister claims
- Mexico to be Top US Trading Partner by 2018?
- Forget Brazil; Mexico ETF is Hot
- Mexico or Brazil? Investors may be surprised at the comparison of these two countries.
CIRE Magazine ccim.com Mar.Apr.12
- Spirit, legacy of La Paz survive tourism
- Mexico To Benefit From U.S.: China Tensions And Rising Wages In China
- Mexico’s tourism activity grows 3.9 pct
- Mexico Ousts Brazil As Investors’ Top Choice In Latin America – Analysis
- La Paz, which is slated for over US$1 billion in new tourism and residential resort investment over the next five years, is deemed by CNBC and the La Paz Tourism Board as “one of North America’s safest cities”. Of the five projects mentioned as the driving force behind the investment, three are among Rosen Law’s most active clients – Bahia de los Sueños, Playa de la Paz and Maravía. While a fourth Rosen Law client, La Paz Partners, is soon to launch its development plans there as well. ¡Viva La Paz!
- Sweet spot in Mexico earns second look from investors
Press Releases & Media Mentions
- ABA to Host Second Annual Conference on Investment, Real Estate, Hospitality and Tourism in Mexico
- Ben Rosen spoke on Cabo Mil radio re:
1. The proposed Baja California Sur mining projects and their NAFTA implications;
2. The opening of Rosen Law’s new offices in Southern California.
- Ben Rosen chaired and spoke on the panel, “Real Estate Workouts in Mexico & Brazil: Opportunities in Distress” at the ABA Section of International Law 2012 Fall Meeting; October 16-20, 2012 in Miami, Florida.
- Ben Rosen was named Vice Chair of the Mexico Committee of the International Section of the American Bar Association.
- Ben Rosen chaired the “Restructuring of the Americas – Opportunity for Investment” panel at the ABA, Section of International Law Conference, Legal Challenges & Opportunities of Mexico’s Increasing Global Integration: Finance, Investment, Trade & Competition Law; June 14-16, 2012, Mexico City.
- Rosen Law was a proud sponsor and Ben Rosen spoke at the 2012 Mexico Real Estate Forum; May 16-17 in Los Cabos, Mexico.
- Rosen Law announces proudly that Mario Alan Navarrete has become an associate in the firm.
- View the Fall 2011 issue of Mexico Update, the newsletter of the Mexico Committee of the American Bar Association, including highlights from the “US-Mexico Relations Today: Law, Society & Business Symposium”.
- On July 19, 2011, Ben Rosen chaired and spoke at the Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Symposium, “US-Mexico Relations Today: Law, Society & Business“, organized by Seattle University School of Law. The event also featured former Attorney General of Mexico, Jorge Madrazo, who delivered the keynote address.
- The Recorded Webinar of the CLE Symposium “US-Mexico Relations Today–Law Society & Business” is now available for viewing at: http://prolumina.adobeconnect.com/p7wbkw8rrpn/. Lawyers should not miss out on this opportunity to get three free CLE credits!
- Ben Rosen taught a summer course on ‘US-Mexico Cross-Border Transactions’ at Seattle University School of Law.
- Ben Rosen‘s article on “Foreclosing on Cross-Border Loans in Mexico” has been published in both the International Law Newsletter and the Mexico Committee Newsletter of the American Bar Association.
- On September 29, Ben Rosen spoke on the “Mexico Real Estate Market” at the 2010 Baja California Investment Forum, in Los Angeles, organized by the US-Mexico Chamber of Commerce, California Regional Chapter.
- Ben Rosen was the Keynote Speaker on the Legal Aspects of Tourism and Investment in Mexico at the “Mexico Living Expo” conference, march 27-28, 2010, Vancouver, Canada.
- Rosen Law is proud to announce that Luis Alcocer has been made partner in the firm.
- Ben Rosen Co-Chaired and presented at the Conference, “1st Annual East Coast Mexico Real Estate Market Summit”, October 24 – 26, 2007, Fairmont Mayakoba, Playa del Carmen, Mexico.
- Ben Rosen Co-Chaired and presented at the Conference, “ Mexico Real Estate Market Summit ”, May 9 – 11, 2007, Sheraton Hacienda del Mar, Los Cabos , Mexico.
- Rosen Law announced proudly that Luis Alcocer Chauvet has become an associate in the firm. Luis has over 15 years of experience in counseling foreign investors in international business transactions, mergers & acquisitions, cross-border finance, joint ventures and corporate compliance matters in Mexico. Luis is a member of the firm’s Real Estate, Corporate and Finance practice areas.
- Ben Rosen spoke on the Legal Aspects of Acquiring Real Estate in Mexico at the “Legal and Financial Strategies for Doing Business in Mexico” CLE Conference, December 11-12, 2006, New York, NY
- Ben Rosen taught on the subject, The Mexican Legal System and Culture, at the Seattle University School of Law CLE seminar, November 6-7, 2006 Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
- Ben Rosen moderated the panel Tropicalization of Tourism Projects in Mexico at the “Baja California Meeting Point” Conference, October 18-19, 2006, Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico.
- Ben Rosen spoke on the Legal Aspects of Acquiring Real Estate in Mexico at the “International Living Live and Invest in Mexico” Conference, July 9-11, 2006, San Miguel de Allende, GTO, Mexico.
- Ben Rosen co-chaired and spoke at the “Legal Strategies and Opportunities for Doing Business in Mexico” CLE Conference of ATLAS Information Group, April 4-6, 2006, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico.